Lauren Russ-Constant on Exploring Identity: The act of Self Deepening
We often think that we know ourselves, but there is still a lot that remains untouched and is to be discovered. In this episode I‘ll talk with Lauren Russ-Constant about exploring identity; the act of self-deepening and consequently how important the role of identity is in building the legacy of your dreams.
Lauren Russ-Constant is a Canada-based, UK-born, hyphenated human who, through identity centered work, specialises in supporting humans in knowing, choosing, and owning, all of who they are.
Routed in neuroscience, psychology, and traditional coaching, Laurens’s practice takes a unique approach. As an accredited Coach and Strategist, she holds a number of recognized qualifications that range from Life and Success Coach, EFT Practioner, NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Practioner to Clinical Hypnotist. She also leans heavily on the academic and theoretical understandings of Identity, most recently graduating from Harvard University’s Self and Identity course.
She has worked with individual and institutional clients all over the world, providing one-on-one coaching and seminars. Through client work, speaking, podcasting, and writing, her interest lies in supporting people in realizing the power, joy, and confidence that comes when they get to know and become the fullest version of themselves.
Lauren is also the founder of space parties, a Toronto-based event series that connects people with therapists, coaches, healers, and future friends.
In this episode we talk about:
- How Lauren changed her life from “the right way to live” to living a life that feels good to her.
- Quitting a job, a relationship, traveling through Southeast Asia.
- Moving and buying a one-way ticket from the UK to Toronto.
- Self-discovery versus self-deepening.
- The meaning of identity and having multiple identities (role identities, social identities, personal identities).
- 3 ways to step into your identity and own more of who you truly are.
- The subconscious brain and abandoning & reprogramming beliefs.
- How to use the Anchoring Technique for more energy.
- EFT and removing stagnant energy.
- The important role identity plays in building the legacy of your dreams.
- Methods to escape the overthinking anxious brain.
Connect with Lauren:
Join the Dreambuildrs Community:
Join the Dreambuildrs Summer School
3-day online campus to get clarity on your life purpose and make concrete plans for a better future.
More episodes you 'll enjoy
Ariel Jaye joins Jochem to talk about the importance of prioritizing enjoyment and fulfillment at work. Ariel tells why she quit her job to help people step into their authentic self-expression and why doing something that you love is the key to a fulfilling career path.
You are working in corporate and the golden cage is keeping you stuck from what you truly want. In this episode, I talk with Murielle Marie, a certified Business & Career Coach, about getting unstuck and the steps you can take to pursue the life you have always dreamt of.
In this episode, I talk with peacemaker Douglas E. Noll about the foundational role of emotional competency and listening. While these 21st-century skills have never been addressed at school, they are crucial in business and the key to more success, happiness, and personal satisfaction in all of your relationships. Do you want to know how? Tune in now.