Douglas E. Noll: How He Left $10 Million on the Table and Now Listens Other People Into Existence
In this episode, I talk with peacemaker Douglas E. Noll about the foundational role of emotional competency and listening. While these 21st-century skills have never been addressed at school, they are crucial in business and the key to more success, happiness, and personal satisfaction in all of your relationships. Do you want to know how? Tune in now.
Douglas E. Noll, JD, MA left a successful career as a trial lawyer to become a peacemaker. His calling is to serve humanity, and he executes his calling at many levels. He is an award-winning author, teacher, trainer, and highly experienced mediator. Doug’s work carries him from international work to helping people resolve deep interpersonal and ideological conflicts to training life inmates to be peacemakers and mediators in maximum-security prisons.
On a personal note, Mr. Noll is a jazz violinist, aircraft and helicopter pilot, ski instructor, 2nd-degree black belt, tai chi master, and whitewater rafter. He lives with his wife Aleya Dao in the foothills of the central Sierra Nevada south of Yosemite National Park.
In this episode we talk about:
- How he started with no business plan and no savings as an entrepreneur.
- The 2 powerful paradoxes that opened his eyes as a Tai Chi Master.
- How to keep growing & evolving – even at age of 70 –
- How to become visible and use all of your skills as an entrepreneur.
- What it means to listen others into existence.
- Developing the emotional competence of your team (and yourself!)
- How to provide emotional safety as a leader.
- Learning how to deescalate an angry person in less than 45 seconds.
- Learn to manage your own anxiety around other people’s emotions.
- Building trust and support.
- The 3 steps process to listen someone into existence.
- The Brain science behind labeling emotions.
- What Google research reveals about emotional safety & productivity.
Connect with Doug:
Join the Dreambuildrs Community:
Free resources to give you a headstart
5 steps to a more meaningful and enriching life
Download this free guide if you are stuck thinking “what’s next?” Get inspired and energized because when you dare to live out your purpose you will have tons of energy, wake up with a smile on your face, do new things and build a legacy that you are proud of.
More episodes you 'll enjoy
Pavel Verbnyak chats with Jochem about the secrets to achieving your personal, professional, and financial goals faster and easier than you can imagine. Pavel Verbnyak is a Success Expert, an award-winning speaker, and an internationally recognized leader in personal development and peak performance strategies. For over 15 years, he has been teaching entrepreneurs, educators, corporate leaders, and people from all walks of life how to create the life they desire.
Robert Overweg joins Jochem to talk about creating mental space and using your inspiration to develop adaptability. Robert Overweg is an Adaptability Expert and the founder of the Adaptable Mindset program, which empowers people to develop their own Adaptable Mindset in our rapidly changing world. His program has been applied at several Fortune 500 companies, multiple SMEs, and innovative schools.
Gill Mckay joins Jochem to talk about neuroscience and creating change in life by having your brain working for you, rather than against you. Gill is an applied neuroscience trainer, coach, speaker, and the author of the best-selling book “STUCK: Brain Smart Insights for Coaches”.